Copper electro-deposition has a variety of applications in metal finishing, primarily:
- An undercoat for surface finishes such as Nickel Chromium on steel, aluminium, zinc base die-castings and plating grade plastics (ABS & ABS PC).
- As a base for oxidized or coloured finishes.
- Production of printed circuit boards and printing cylinders in electronics.
- Electroforming of precision components and moulds.
- Thick deposits which are applied on steel as a stop-off coating in case of hardening processes such as carburizing and nitriding.
Copper can be plated from a variety of solutions - cyanide, acid sulphate and more recently, fluoborate-based.
Tag : Industrial Copper Plating Process , alkaline copper plating solution