Different advantages of zinc aluminum flake coating are as follows :
- No Hydrogen embrittlement – The treatment process of zinc aluminum flake coating do not involve treatment with acid for removal of corrosion products like mill scales, rust. Mechanical cleaning (shot blasting, grit blasting) followed by coating avoids the risk of hydrogen embrittlement.
- Overall coverage – The coating process is non electrolytic. Articles are coated by dip mode of application or spray mode of application depending on size, weight of article. The articles are coated ensuring complete coverage.
- Corrosion resistance – The corrosion resistance is higher due to overall coverage and also due to sacrificial protection of zinc /aluminum flakes. The film structure is like brisk wall minimizing penetration moisture. The film also has self healing property.
- Thermal stability – Cured film of zinc aluminum flakes do not changes its properties even at higher temperatures. There is no degradation in corrosion resistance property.
- Excellent adhesion and recoat ability – Zinc aluminum flakes coating film adheres firmly to metal surface. It has also excellent recoat ability. Top coat with different lubrication properties can be applied on zinc aluminum flake coating to further enhance different properties.
- Free from pollution – The water-based zinc aluminum flake coating process do not involve generation of waste water. The coating is free from water and air pollution.
Generally zinc aluminum flake coating process involves cleaning to remove oil, shot blasting to remove rust/mill scales, coating and curing. Desired properties are achieved essentially with two coats. The properties are further enhanced by application of suitable top coat.